10/12/2015

Sketchbook Work



Based on the feedback I got at the tutorial, I've been starting to draw female characters in typically 'masculine' job roles. I really like how they look so far so I think I'll stick with hand-rendered drawings. There is way too much white space however. I thought about filling that space with tools associated with that job or I could draw the environment (or sections of it?). The page format I'm going to use for the colouring book will be square so I need to start considering that more when drawing.
By cropping the images I think it makes them a bit more interesting.. Not only does it help with the composition but it shows more of the detail. I think cutting out unnecessary information also looks better, I need to consider how I can communicate that job role as simply as possible. It doesn't work with all of them, but it will help me vary the illustrations throughout the book rather than have one figure slapped in the middle of each page.

No comments:

Post a Comment