29/12/2015

Colouring pages progress



The first three images are some of the colouring pages I drew in my sketchbook. Initially I was going to work to a square format book but since I've stepped away from producing a book specifically, I've chosen to work with A-format because it's more efficient for printing (less trimming/wasted paper) and I think it's easier to work with for characters.

I decided that the first three pages weren't very successful because of the simplicity of the composition and I felt like the characters needed a bit of an environment to give them context. Instead of just working in my sketchbook I've started to use loose paper so the spine doesn't get in the way and I don't draw in the center of the page. The last three drawings are definitely an improvement and I'm much happier with how they fill the space. I still need to draw eyes into them all though! I've been putting it off because I have a tendency to draw very over-exaggerated feminine features.
Although I've only drawn female characters so far I still want this colouring book/pack/whatever format I decide on, to show that we all have the choice to be who/what we want to be, so I'm thinking I should draw some more male or androgynous characters in similar roles?

No comments:

Post a Comment