04/12/2015

Peer Review & Formative Feedback

Feedback

Comment on the appropriateness, scope and ambition of the proposed outcomes in relation to the subject.
Strengths:
  • The outcomes are very appropriate for what you're trying to produce & say
  • Exploration of character design, type and pattern shown
  • Consideration of idea linked in with dissertation research
  • Strong idea to have a colouring book to challenge gender presumptions aimed at children
Suggestions:
  • Some of the toys you've drawn/listed are now out of date (i.e. action man no longer in production)
  • May need to include some more recent toys to stay relevant 
  • 21x21cm seems big enough, depends on the size of the illustration in the book.
  • 32 Pages is a lot to produce
Comment on the quantity and quality of visual investigation and development of ideas in response to the theme and subject.
Strengths:
  • Lots & lots of visual research, great quantity and variety
  • Great idea to juxtapose the female characters in what are considered 'masculine' jobs
  • The topics you've picked allow for a broad investigation
  • A pattern can be seen throughout the body of work, always connecting to the specific subject of gender identity.
Suggestions:
  • May need some consideration of composition within the square format of the colouring book, how everything sits within the page
  • A lot more of the recent drawings can feed directly into your colouring book
Comment on the documentation of the conceptual and practical development of the work evidenced on the blog.

Strengths:
  • Shows up to date work
  • Research into existing colouring books
  • Exploration into character design
  • Consideration of feedback
  • Good documentation, lots of contextual research.
Comment on the decisions regarding the production and proposal of outcomes.

Strengths:
  • The outcome seems to be an appropriate amount of work
  • Seems appropriate for what you intend to produce
Suggestions:
  • Could have experimented more but I'm not sure it would have been relevant
  • Consider a side poster using imagery from the colouring book to help advertise the product
General Comments:
  • The scale could be a little bigger - think about young children, they may struggle to keep within the lines
  • The introduction of other activities does sound interesting - it would probably be best to stick to colouring activities such as dot-to-dot, spot the difference etc
  • Could design packaging for coloured pencils to go along with the book
  • Projec looks good so far, was hard to find things to suggest.

I'm really happy with this feedback because I was worried that my intentions wouldn't be so clear to other people. I was also concerned because it seems like I've proposed something different at every peer review session and it took me a while to reach this point. 
I will definitely be taking note of some of these suggestions - I think producing additional posters and packaged colouring pencils is a great idea. Consideration of composition is also an important one. It's not that I haven't forgotten about it, I just wasn't at that stage in my sketchbook yet. I guess 32 pages is a lot to produce, but I'm pretty confident I can do it. It just means I need to stay focused. If I find that I'm struggling to reach it, considering how long each drawing has taken me so far, I can always lower it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment