11/11/2015

Sketchbook Pattern Play


In my sketchbook I've been exploring what makes something look 'masculine' or 'feminine'. I like the idea that these can be combined because nobody has purely 'masculine' traits or vice versa. For these I was focusing more on shape and colour and how I can depict these traits people associate with specific genders. The colour palettes are informed by the boards I put together in this post and the idea of using text from the last image in this post.
These are just rough ideas but I think I'd like to refine this further - possibly make a set of screen prints? I'm veering away from my initial practical proposal but I think there are other ways of communicating choices within gender. Something to talk about in my tutorial anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment