18/04/2015

Presentation of work - Ideas



I've finished the paper-doll outfits and written a brief explanation about those outfits and how they relate to women's rights. As I am aiming it towards a younger audience, I had to skim over some of the details and make some parts a little more PG. For example, I didn't feel it would be appropriate to write about women embracing their sexuality because a young child just wouldn't understand. 
I am still presenting the outfits as a magnetic paper-doll alongside some flashcard type things with the information on. 

I am however, thinking of other ways this information could be presented. Children these days have much better access to computers, tablets/apps etc. The flashcards could be presented as an e-book that goes alongside an app that allows them to interact with the paper-doll - just an onscreen paper-doll rather than magnetic. This would make it a much more accessible publication and would give people the option to have the physical copy or virtual. The option of a virtual copy opens up the possibility of it being used on interactive whiteboards in schools as part of a history lesson for example.

I think all that is left to do is to double check for spelling errors, get prints done, assemble, photograph and produce some sort of mock-up/proposal for the digital versions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment