27/04/2015

Final Practical Response

After deciding to re-print the magnet designs at the last minute, to try and get a better cut-quality, I think I am finally satisfied with this end product. In my previous mock up, I had covered the magnetic pieces with a sticky-back-plastic to make them both waterproof and more durable. However, this time round, I chose not to do this and left them matte. This is because I felt the plastic covering was dulling/blurring the details a little and it made it harder to cut a clean edge.
Although I spent a lot of time cutting these all out again, I don't actually feel that the overall quality is much better. I found that the designs are just too intricate to cute at this scale. If this were to be produced on a larger scale however, a laser-cutter would be much more efficient. I think the kind of line I used around the illustrations also made it harder to get a nice clean edge. This is because it was so thin, so any break in the line was obvious. 
Aside from the assembling of this product, I am pleased with how it synthesizes with my essay and I think it has potential to be developed much further.  


No comments:

Post a Comment