06/01/2016

Paper-doll drawings


For the last section of the activity book I wanted to put in a paper-doll so that the child can decorate it to match their preferences, rather than being given an existing colour scheme or set of gendered clothes. I've tried to include a range of clothing and hairstyles that can be coloured in, but I'm also going to put in a page with a template so that they can draw their own.
Having pages that will be cut into means I'll have to account for that when I assemble the InDesign document and have a few blank pages.

As well as the paper-doll, I had a talk with Patrick who suggested I find a way to add more layers to the colouring pages because I felt like they were lacking something.. We discussed looking up some facts to go with the images and creating some sort of task involving the use of colour to categorise the toy pages. 

still to do:
  • research facts to go with images
  • research colour/gender associations in various cultures
  • create front and back covers
  • assemble InDesign document 
  • design some sort of packaging

No comments:

Post a Comment