19/09/2015

Kim Searle

Another find from the Leeds Zine Fair! Kim Searle was selling a bunch of cute screen printed patches, which you can see more of here, and I knew it was something I wanted to try this year. Her patches are definitely inspired by feminism, so another good reference for my CoP project! I think what I like is the contrast of the almost aggressive statements with the cute, typically feminine fabrics. 
After finding such interesting things at the Zine Fair, I'm really looking forward to Thought Bubble this year. I don't think I really looked at much of the content last year, I just kind of looked at stuff at face value. I've discovered a real interest in feminist diy culture and I think it's really going to help me find my tone of voice this year - and give my work purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment