08/02/2015

Visual exploration of theme




As I explored the role of women in the last 100 years through my essay, I thought that would be a good place to start with the visual exploration. I began looking at what kind of clothes women were wearing in specific decades because it was influenced by the social and political events of the times. To push this further I tried to visualise what each decade could look like as a single image in regards to the woman's movement.  So far I've thumbnailed possible ideas for 1900's to the 1980's and I think this is an idea I want to continue to develop. I think the purpose of my work will be to remind (or educate) people of the struggle that women are going through around the world and went through to reach the point we are at today.

No comments:

Post a Comment