27/02/2015

8 Image Task



For the 8 image task I chose to refine some of the sketches I did as an initial response to my essay and research (here). With these 8 images I tried to summarise the main roles of women in the last century. For the roles before 1980, I found it much easier to summarise because of the amount of studies regarding women of those eras that already exist. For the 1990s to almost present day, I couldn't really grasp what the female role was in society. I suspect this is because I grew up in this era as a white, privileged female so I struggle to see the role of women objectively. Of course I realise that inequality still exists but it is on a much smaller scale to how it was 50 years ago. I think without a comparison to a more equal and improved society, it is hard to to summarise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment