23/04/2014

THEORY INTO PRACTISE - A Visual Response

Further Zine development:


Although I like the aesthetic of this rough zine design, I think the content is driven by my own opinions too much. I need to include more facts and information about the subject so that it doesn't stray too far from my original starting point which was the essay. 
As I begin to inform myself more on the subject matter, I think the purpose of this zine will change slightly. Originally I had planned for it to be a satirical depiction of the way 'Metal heads' resist conforming to mainstream cultural codes but end up conforming to another particular cultural code. This hasn't really changed but I think that instead I'll be focusing more on what the cultural codes within metal culture are and some background of the culture. Perhaps this zine will become more informative rather than satirical? - The tone of the illustrations can either make it seem quite heavy and factual or interesting with a bit of humor. I am hoping to create the latter and I think that by drawing in a similar style to picture above, I can achieve this. 

Things to consider:
  • CONTENT - research metal culture - what are the different 'codes'?
  • Research history of metal culture and how it has evolved
  • FORMAT - will the zine need more pages than a hotdog booklet?



No comments:

Post a Comment