08/04/2014

THEORY INTO PRACTISE - A Visual Response

Pecha Kucha feedback & evaluation


http://issuu.com/sophiehargreaves/docs/pecha_kucha_presentation


Not sure how I could have improved on the clarity of delivery. I actually felt as though my presentation was well organised - it began with a brief overview of the essay, I explained which bits of information I had explored & in as much detail as possible, what I was going to do next. I obviously didn't communicate everything as clearly as I had thought. This could be due to:
  • it being quite early on in the development of the project (judging by other people's presentation and their lack of development work too)
  • I was incredibly nervous which could have affected my delivery (I get extremely anxious about presentations and I was the last to present)
  • I had some technical issues - in the future I will just use the college macs to make sure my files don't get corrupted somehow





I found the feedback really helpful because it not only verified to me that I had a fairly good project planned, but it also brought some other potential ideas and issues I could come across. Talking about my ideas also helped to clarify what I was actually exploring - I'm really looking at how metal is a genre/sub culture that rejects association with the mainstream and is all about non-conformity. However, I think that although this subculture doesn't conform to the 'mainstream', it still conforms to the codes within that subculture.

Currently, I am calling my zine 'How to spot a Metalhead' and I will be illustrating all the different cultural /social codes associated with metal subculture. As suggested in my peer feedback, I could create more zines for other subcultures. 
The development of my illustrations will be really important because I don't want to mock these subcultures, it is just supposed to be humorous but not offensive.  


No comments:

Post a Comment