22/03/2014

THEORY INTO PRACTICE - A Visual Response

Researching Zines

What format would be most suitable?



What kind of colour palette should I set myself? Monochrome, two colour plus stock?






I like the idea of printing onto coloured stock and then just using one colour for the illustrations. Would this be suitable for my topic though?








I am unsure whether or not to screen print. It would be a good way to produce lots at the same time and would encourage me to think about the colour more.



After looking at all these differen't examples, I realise now that I've got to consider all sorts of things like colour palette; number of pages; what stock it will be printed on; the colour of the stock and printing methods.  I've also noticed that not all of these zines have full page illustrations - is this something I could consider or does the page look a bit too empty? I am still edging towards using a hotdog fold for the booklet/zine - since there will only be 6 pages plus the covers, I could do more than one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment